National Nurses Week: Nurses Appreciation Week FREEBIES & Deals
Nurses Appreciation Week is May 6-12!
National Nurses Week in the United States will begin on Monday, May 6 and ends on Sunday, May 12. But we should celebrate the good work nurses do every day!
Certainly our thanks aren’t limited to Nurse Practitioners, RN or LPN / LVN either, this list includes all nurses including CNA and nursing aids / nursing assistants! My dad and my husband have spent far too much time in the hospital in the last year or so, and I know firsthand how hard nurses work and what life savers they are – literally!
National Nurses Week begins on May 6 and ends on May 12, because May 12 is Florence Nightingale’s Birthday! Of course, she was a famous nurse in the 1800s who improved unsanitary conditions during the Crimean War. As a result, she and a team of nurses improved the unsanitary conditions at a British base hospital, reducing the death count by two-thirds.
National Nurses Week Fun Facts
- President Nixon started National Nurses Week in 1974
- International Nurses Day is celebrated on May 12th of every year
- Businesses, restaurants, and other places celebrate nurses with special offers, freebies, and discounts
We hope you love this list of freebies & discounts for Nurses for Nurses Appreciation Week! Also, please share with your friends so they can take advantage of all the perks so deserving of these wonderful people!
All offers are May 6th – May 12th unless otherwise noted.
Please check back as we update this list for 2019.
Nurses Appreciation Week Freebies
Just a few of the fabulous freebies we’ve found, because we love nurses!
- Amazon – Head on over and browse all the Free Nursing Books, because they won’t last forever!
- Applebee’s Grill & Bar – Check with your local restaurant for participation
- Buca de Beppo – free meal for nurses with ID, at participating locations
- Chick-fil-A – Check with your local restaurant for participation
- Cinnabon – Participating Cinnabon bakeries will offer nurses a free Cinnabon Classic Roll or MiniBon® roll when they present their healthcare ID badge
- CNA practice test – find it free here!
- Continuing Education Classes for Nurses – free here!
- Dunkin’ Donuts –
- Einstein Bro’s Bagels – Nurses wearing their scrubs or ID badge can go to any participating location and receive an Espresso Buzz Bagel and Shmear on the house, May 11
d.org/nnw – 2018 National Nurses Week Webinar: Emerging Technology and Its Impact on Nursing Practice (Free Webinar)
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – free sweet treat with badge at participating locations
National Nurses Week Discounts
Be sure to check back, because we will update this list often!
- 1-800-Flowers – Nurses can receive 15 percent off gifts and flowers through the end of June using code: RMNSV15
- Disney World – special discounts for nurses at the Swan and Dolphins resorts. Call 800-227-1500 and mention the code DREAMS. Mention that you are a nurse at the time of booking!
- Fanny May – 15 percent off fine chocolates through July 1 using code: 39984
- Lydia’s Uniforms– Nurses get 20 percent off nurse mates clogs, athletic wear and shoes.
- Nature’s Gift – Nurses receive 10% off purchase price of essential oils and most other products with a current state license. They must have a copy of their license.
- PDQ – Will offer nurses who show their badges 50% off their total check on May 8th.
- Salus Medical Uniforms – Nurses can save 80 percent on nurse jackets, scrubs, uniforms and more.
- Shoe’s.com – $5 reward when you sign up for their reward program
- Sleep Number – Nurses can receive 35% off their purchases with license verification.
- WGU – Western Governors University has scholarships available and no-fee application during nurses week for additional schooling.
National Nurses Week School and Textbooks
If you or someone you know is a nurse, then you may already know that CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. In other words, nurses are required to take claseses to keep their licenses. As a result, state boards keep a close eye on classroom hours. Source Nurse.org
In addition to the free books we listed above, we found these discounts on education for Nurses Appreciation Week:
- Elsevier – Use coupon code 92635 to take 30 percent off nursing and other medical references and textbooks. Free shipping is included.
- Lippincott Williams – Take 20 percent off plus free shipping on any nursing package or nursing textbook with coupon code WZT51HFD.
- NetCE – All nurses and nurse practitioners can take a 23-credit online geriatrics course for $39 through the end of May.
- Nurse.com – Cardiology nursing courses start at just $10.
- Picmonic.com – Use coupon code BZ3OHCPRPQTHLK216 for 20 percent off your subscription, which can be applied to nursing or medical school through Feb. 9, 2018.
- RN.com – No coupon code needed. Get professional nursing topics starting at just $10.
- Skyscape – Use coupon code YGGU-DRPX-MION for 20 percent off the Daviss Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests through the end of June.
Love freebies? Be sure to see all of our Newest Freebies here!
If you know of any more freebies, then share with us in the comments.