National Nurses Week: Nurse Appreciation Week FREEBIES & Deals
Nurses Appreciation Week is May 6-12! From Chick Fil A Nurse Week specials to Nurses Week Freebies 2019 Chipotle, Cinnabon, Chick-fil-A and more. We have the Big List of Free Stuff for Nurses Week. National Nurses Week in the United States will begin on Monday, May 6 and ends on Sunday, May 12. But, we should celebrate the good work nurses do every day! In other words, we appreciate you! We hope you love this list of freebies & discounts for Nurses for Nurses Appreciation Week! Also, please share with your friends so they can take advantage of all the perks so deserving of these wonderful people!
We Love Healthcare Providers
Certainly our thanks aren’t limited to Nurse Practitioners, RN or LPN / LVN either, this list includes all nurses including CNA and nursing aids / nursing assistants! My dad and my husband have spent far too much time in the hospital in the last year or so, and I know firsthand how hard nurses work and what life savers they are – literally!
National Nurse Week Fun Facts
National Nurses Week begins on May 6 and ends on May 12, because May 12 is Florence Nightingale’s Birthday! Of course, she was a famous nurse in the 1800s who improved unsanitary conditions during the Crimean War. As a result, she and a team of nurses improved the unsanitary conditions at a British base hospital, reducing the death count by two-thirds. We’ve come a long way to Chick fil A Nurse Appreciation, but we’ll take it!
- President Nixon started National Nurses Week in 1974
- International Nurses Day is celebrated on May 12th of every year
- Businesses, restaurants, and other places celebrate nurses with special offers, freebies, and discounts
All offers are May 6th – May 12th unless otherwise noted. Please check back as we update this list for 2019.
Nurses Appreciation Week Freebies
Just a few of the fabulous freebies we’ve found, because we love nurses!
- Amazon – Head on over and browse all the Free Nursing Books, because they won’t last forever!
- Applebee’s Grill & Bar – promotions vary by location, so your neighborhood Applebee’s is the best place to start. You can also reach them toll-free at 888-592-7753 and they’ll be happy to check with any Applebee’s near you on your behalf.
- Buca di Beppo – free meal for nurses with ID, at participating locations
- Chick-fil-A – Check with your local restaurant for Chick fil A nurses week participation, because each may offer great freebies for nurses!
- Cinnabon – From May 6-12, participating Cinnabon Bakeries will offer a choice of a free Cinnabon® Classic Cinnamon Roll, MiniBon®, or 4-count BonBites™ when nurses show their healthcare ID badge
- Chipotle – Nurses Week Freebies 2019 Chipotle offers round out some very tasty food this year! However, in 2017 and 2018 Chipotle announced that they’d have specials, just not during nurses week. Although last year they did offer a BOGO special for Teacher Appreciation Week. Come on, Chipotle!? Nonetheless, at participating Chipotle’s, every Wednesday is medical professional BOGO 50% OFF!
- Culver’s – Individual locations offer specials throughout the week for nurses with a valid ID
- Dunkin’ Donuts –
- Einstein Bro’s Bagels – Nurses wearing their scrubs or ID badge can go to any participating location and receive an Espresso Buzz Bagel and Shmear on the house, May 11
- Freebirds World Burrito – On May 6, National Nurse Appreciation Day, nurses with valid ID get a free burrito with the purchase of any adult-sized entrée (verifying for 2019)
- Häagen-Dazs: May 14, 2019 is Häagen-Dazs’ Free Cone Day which is just after Nurse’s week this year. But, you don’t have to be a nurse to take advantage of the deal, which you can learn more about here.
- Jimboy’s Tacos: Nurses, show your ID and get a BOGO Free Original Ground Beef Tacos through May 12 (limit 3)
- Pollo Tropical: Through May 12, nurses get 25% off any purchase when they show their healthcare ID (verifying for 2019)
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Through May 12, show your ID or wear your scrubs, for a free fountain drink or cookie with the purchase of a sandwich or salad (limit 1)
- Scooter’s Coffee: On May 7, nurses get 50% off any drink when they show their ID (limit 1)
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – free sweet treat with badge at participating locations
- Texas Steakhouse & Saloon: Through May 12, nurses take $5 off a minimum purchase of $15 or more when they show their badge.
National Nurses Week Discounts
Be sure to check back, because we will update this list often!
- 1-800-Flowers – Save up to 50% on floral deliveries through the end of June
- Disney World – special discounts for nurses at the Swan and Dolphins resorts. Call 800-227-1500 and mention the code DREAMS. Mention that you are a nurse at the time of booking!
- Lydia’s Uniforms (now Uniform Advantage) – Nurses get 20 percent off nurse mates clogs, athletic wear and shoes. Use Code SAVE to save even more!
- Nature’s Gift – Nurses receive 10% off purchase price of essential oils and most other products with a current state license. They must have a copy of their license.
- PDQ – Will offer nurses who show their badges 50% off their total check on May 8th.
- Salus Medical Uniforms – Nurses can save 80 percent on nurse jackets, scrubs, uniforms and more.
- Shoe’s.com – Grab your $5 reward just for joining their free reward program, plus save 25% with code SPRING25
- Sleep Number – Nurses can receive 35% off their purchases with license verification.
- WGU – Western Governors University has scholarships available and no-fee application during nurses week for additional schooling.
National Nurses Week School and Textbooks
If you or someone you know is a nurse, then you may already know that CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. In other words, nurses are required to take claseses to keep their licenses. As a result, state boards keep a close eye on classroom hours. Source Nurse.org In addition to the free books we listed above, we found these discounts on education for Nurses Appreciation Week:
- CNA practice test – find it free here!
- Continuing Education Classes for Nurses – If you’re considering a career in nursing, then a great way to start is with a free class!
- Elsevier – Use coupon code 92635 to take 30 percent off nursing and other medical references and textbooks. Free shipping is included.
- Lippincott Williams – Take 20 percent off plus free shipping on any nursing package or nursing textbook with coupon code WZT51HFD.
- NetCE – All nurses and nurse practitioners can take a 23-credit online geriatrics course for $39 through the end of May.
- Nurse.com – Cardiology nursing courses start at just $10.
d.org/nnw – 2019 National Nurses Week Webinar: Emerging Technology and Its Impact on Nursing Practice (Free Webinar)
- Picmonic.com – Use coupon code BZ3OHCPRPQTHLK216 for 20 percent off your subscription, which can be applied to nursing or medical school through Feb. 9, 2018.
- RN.com – No coupon code needed. Get professional nursing topics starting at just $10.
- Skyscape – Use coupon code YGGU-DRPX-MION for 20 percent off the Daviss Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests through the end of June.
Love freebies? Be sure to see all of our Newest Freebies here!
If you know of any more freebies, then share with us in the comments.