Top 18 Money Making Apps You Didn’t Know Could Make Money
In this article I’ll cover money making apps that you can use for free money! This includes money making apps for Android and iOS. Because there’s nothing better than free apps that save money the same way as coupons, e-coupons, digital coupons; and I’ll cover cash back apps that offer e-rebates, digital rebates, and cash back on your purchases. There are apps that allow you to shop at multiple stores, while others allow any store, and finally some are only for one specific store. Lastly, there are apps that actually pay you money to install them!
I’ve found some awesome free smartphone apps that you NEED to start using! Whether you’re on a smartphone or tablet, and whether you’re looking for iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod on the Apple App Store; or Andoid on Google Play or Amazon App Store – or anywhere else, I’ve found something for everyone!! There’s no excuse for not saving. It’s super easy, and of course it’s free. Don’t miss out on all this free money!
Choose any or all of these – whatever works for you. They are all 100% free, and they all save you money or earn you money – or both!
Money Making Apps
1. Smart Panel will pay you $15 for installing their free app. They will continue to pay you as long as you keep the app installed, which makes this passive income (you don’t have to work for it). You can also do more if you want, which is known as actively participating or active income. You’ll also get $5 a month if you keep it installed, which means you’ll earn $75 the first year! There’s no charge for app or using it.
2. Savvy Connect by Survey Savvy will pay you for installing their free app, and taking their surveys. You can do nothing and continue to earn, or you can take high-paying surveys if you want, and get paid even more. SurveySavvy claims to have paid out more cash to its members than any other online market research company – approximately $14 million dollars.
3. Nielsen Mobile will pay you up to $50 per year for installing their free app. They’ll continue to pay as long as you have the app installed, which makes this a passive income.
4. MobileXpressions will pay you a bonus for signup. This ranges from $5 – $500, and signups are very limited. They’re only open on the first of the month for a very limited number of people. It’s a great program that I highly recommend! I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s open.
5. ScreenPay – Get Paid to Unlock! Set this up on your Android phone (sorry, not on iOS yet), and earn $3 every month – paid monthly. The app is free. Just click link above, sign up and install the free app. Once it’s set up, you just touch the word drag on your screen and drag it up to the highlighted icon. No password entry is required, and it’s the same as swiping to open your phone without this app. This is passive income!
Top 7 Coupon Apps to Save Money Anywhere!
No clipping coupons, mail-in rebates, or shopper points to redeem. Get paid cash for buying groceries and products you need! In most cases you just take a picture of receipt with the free app (some apps require that you also scan the product’s UPC barcode), and claim your money back!
Ibotta offers cash back on a variety of items you purchase in store. I love Ibotta because they always have several healthy options such as fresh fruit and produce. And, they offer cash back on beer, wine and spirits! Read my article to learn how to use Ibotta to earn cash back.
Checkout 51 lets you save on the brands you love, and make money while doing it. It’s simple and actually reminds me of Walmart’s Savings Catcher except it’s not limited to just Walmart! This is a GREAT Savings Hack to save you an extra $20 a month or more on groceries and personal items! Read how to use Checkout51 to save money, and get $1 free to start!
Head on over to Shopmium and use my referral code during sign up: GYHGFCQW to get a FREE Lindt chocolate candy bar! Shopmium is easy to use, and of course it’s free. They have a huge variety of products at dozens of stores online and “brick and mortar” (local stores you visit in person). Read my article on how to get cash back with Shopmium.
Not quite like the other cash back and erebate apps, Savingstar is more like using a digital coupon. They have hundreds of e-coupons you can get free, with savings on things you love! They even have several healthy offers each week!
6. Groupon Snap
Snap by Groupon gives you cash back on everyday grocery purchases – no matter where you shop. It’s like having grocery coupons on your mobile phone, but way better! You can shop anywhere. Yes, you read that right! Read my article about how to use Groupon Snap.
7. SnipSnap Coupons
SnipSnap has store coupons you can use in select stores. Although it’s limited, it’s very handy when you forgot your coupons at home!
Gimmie’s Couponing App Comparison Chart
App Name Cost Valid at Which Store(s) Cash Out Threshold
Fetch Rewards FREE shop at any grocery store $3 (get 2,000 sign up bonus points in link)
DOSH FREE shop anywhere with linked card $25 ($5 sign up bonus, plus $5 for referring friends)
Ibotta FREE shop at ~150 select stores $20
Checkout 51 FREE shop at any store $20
Shopmium FREE shop at any store $0, money is instantly sent (no action req’d)
Favado FREE shop at select stores comes off bill instantly like coupon
Savingstar FREE shop at select stores comes off bill instantly like coupon
Snap by Groupon FREE shop at any store $20
Top 6 Store Loyalty Apps to Save Even More
When you’re spending money, spend less and you’re pocketing the difference. Saving money means more money for you!
Let’s face it, nowadays nearly every big chain store has a free app and a loyalty program. I’m not going to list all the regional stores, such as HEB and Winn Dixie, but be sure to search the app store or Google Play for your favorite local store to see if they have a rewards program and/or free app.
For brevity, here are my favorite free apps and rewards programs for national stores.
1. Shop Your Way Rewards (Sears, Kmart, Lands End, etc.)
Sign up with GimmieFreebies as your SYW personal shopper and earn FREE money to spend at Sears and Kmart! We’ll show you how to claim totally free money, as well as get rewarded when you shop.
2. Walmart Savings Catcher
Walmart’s Savings Catcher gives you cash back to spend at Walmart whenever they find a local store with an advertised deal priced lower than you spent at Wal-mart. It’s easy to use, just scan your Walmart receipt each time you shop, within 7 days of purchase. They’ll email you if they find a lower price, and you can use any savings you earn at Walmart. When you’re ready to use it, “cash out” and they’ll send you an email with a code to scan at checkout.
3. Target Cartwheel
Target’s Cartwheel app offers savings on a variety of products at Target stores. The app is free, and it’s free to use it. Cartwheels are digital coupons (also known as mobile coupons or e-coupons) you use on your smartphone, or tablet, via a free app. Every week, Target releases a new batch of Cartwheel offers. Like store coupons, Cartwheel deals also stack with coupons – so you could use a Cartwheel deal, a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on one single item!
4. CVS ExtraCare App
Get ExtraCare on the go with the free CVS Mobile App. You can store your ExtraCare card in the app, so you don’t need to have the card on hand when you shop (you can also enter your phone number at the register). And you can use the app to send coupons to your account to use at checkout.
5. Walgreens Balance Rewards
Balance Rewards is Walgreens rewards program. Balance Rewards members earn 100 points for every prescription filled. Use it in conjunction with their free Walgreens app to keep track of your points and view account activity.
6. Rite Aid Wellness+
Wellness+ with Plenti offers rewards at Rite Aid on every dollar spent. Earn 1 wellness+ point for every dollar spent on non-prescription purchases. Earn up to 25 wellness+ points for every prescription filled.
Want to earn your way to a FREE Christmas? Be sure to follow ALL of our tips for legit ways to earn money online! It’s a great way to save up some extra cash! Earn enough to pay for those HOT deals we post about, or use to buy yourself something extra special! I haven’t paid for gifts in four years because of the survey companies I work for!
NOTE: not everyone will get the same surveys. They are based on your demographics, your location, age, experience, family, etc.
Love freebies? Be sure to see all of our Newest Freebies here!