Free Kids Booster Seats for Florida Residents (Must Qualify)
Florida has a new law in place that requires children under the age of 6 to be in a car seat or booster seat for appropriate safety measures (recommended for those at least 4 feet, 9 inches in height). In order to support that new law, Florida AAA offices are giving away FREE kids booster seats to Florida residents every Friday in January. Only one car seat is allowed per family.
Individuals do not need to be AAA members, but MUST qualify for the booster seat under certain conditions. Those interested must set up an appointment at an AAA location (or by phone if acceptable), and the child(s) to use the booster seat must be at least 4 years old. Please check for a nearby AAA location you can visit.
Reasons Why Booster Seats are Helpful:
- The right booster seat can elevate a child high enough for the seat belt to securely strap them in.
- The top part of the seat belt will not [uncomfortably] settle on a child’s neck.
- They can significantly reduce the occurrence of fatalities (or deaths) among children in car accidents.
- Car crashes are one of the leading causes of death among kids ages 1 – 9.
More car seats are expected to be ordered due to high demand for them. Please contact your local AAA location to get all the necessary details for redeeming a FREE booster seat that could really protect your child(s) [if you live in Florida].
– AAA offers free car seats to meet new Florida law (News 13 based in Florida)