Sunday, June 17, 2018 is Father’s Day.
What is your favorite memory of your dad?
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there, and anyone who is deserving of the title.
Father’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. It’s the time when we can reflect on great dads who shape us into the adults we become. A great dad might spend all their time with their kids, or they might have to spend more time working than they want – it doesn’t require 24/7 time spent with your child to be a good influence. The point is that they make an impact. In my humble opinion, great dads teach their kids what’s important, what’s good, what’s right and how to prioritize those things to be a good person.
When I met my husband, he was raising his two sons by himself. I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for a great dad. Probably because mine is the very best person I know! Yeah, I’m a full-fledged Daddy’s Girl. But, not in a frilly way. My dad taught me to fix stuff and not be afraid to get dirty. He’s smart, talented (did I mention the man can SING!?) He was singing publicly since he was a kid. He even had several offers from record companies and promoters to be rich and famous. He was always in a band, either Country music or “Country Rock” as we used to call it. Instead of pursuing fame, in his words, he “got married instead.” He’s a family man in every sense. In his world, family comes first – more so now than ever with 9 grandchildren and one great-grandchild on the way! I can’t even begin to tell you the extent of his generosity toward strangers. And, animals!! They love him almost as much as he loves them. There’s one heartbroken giraffe that we left at a theme park in Florida who could not stop chewing on my dad’s beard. hahaha. But seriously, the man is good at everything. He’s not perfect, but he’s sure a good dad. His are some pretty big shoes to fill.
I had the privilege of knowing another great man who happened to be a lot like my dad. It was uncanny how much they had in common. He, too, was in a Country Western band! He played bass guitar, just like my dad. (All the way down to having the same guitar, same year & model – everything!!) He was my father-in-law and he passed away last year, unexpectedly. We were able to be with him for a very short week before we lost him. He called me his angel. When I had to say goodbye, I told him now he could be mine. Why am I writing this with tears all the way down to my toes? If nothing else, I hope you take this away with you: cherish your dad. Spend as much time together as possible, and make Father’s day a tribute to the wonderful men in your life. After all, you didn’t get this awesome without a little help! 😉
Here’s a list I’ll be adding to as I find more things. If you know of any, please comment below!
Father’s Day Freebies
Unless otherwise noted, all freebies are on Father’s Day. Don’t forget to check out all the restaurants that give you free food for signing up!
We will add to it when more things are announced.
Dads Eat Free
- Arooga’s – Dads eat free with purchase (10 locations in Central Pennsylvania)
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s – Dad’s eat free with purchase
- Bertucci’s – Coupon for free meatballs for a future visit
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – Buy $50 egift cards and receive $10 bonus egift card
- BoHo – Dads get a free Pilsner Urquell beer mug, June 17
- Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba – Free surprise gift for Dads on June 17
- Caribou Coffee – Check with your local Caribou for Fathers Day specials
- Central Park – Dads eat free with additional adult brunch purchase June 17
- Chick-fil-A – Check with your local Chick-fil-A to see what Fathers Day special they have
- Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers – Dads eat free June 17
- Denny’s – Check with your local Dennys for any Fathers Day specials they may have
- Firehouse Subs – BOGO Sub on Fathers Day 6/17/18 (Coupon required)
- Flemings Steakhouse – Take Dad and grab the three-course Prix Fixe dinner menu featuring our Prime Tomahawk steak $90
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse – Dine on Fathers Days and get a free Dining Card good for one complimentary lunch or dinner on their next visit
- Francesca’s – Dad’s eat free with additional purchase at select restaurants.
- Graeter’s – Check with your local Graeters for Father’s Day special!
- Hooters – Buy 10 wings and get 10 free on Fathers Day, June 17
- IHOP – Buy a $25 gift card in-store and get a $5 coupon for your next visit
- IKEA – Check with your local IKEA for Fathers Day Specials
- Long John Silvers – Check on their Facebook page for any Fathers Day special announcement
- McAlister’s Deli Tea – Check with your local McAlister’s for their Fathers Day special
- Mimi’s Cafe – Dad’s will receive a free entree voucher for their next visit
- Neighborhood Grill – Dad gets a $10 gift certificate on Father’s Day to use on their next visit.
- Olive Garden – Spend $50 on a gift card and get $10 bonus gift card.
- Outback Steakhouse – $10 bonus card for $50 in gift cards
- Pasta House – Free order of Spaghetti with meat sauce and a free piece of Cheesecake with paying adult.
- PDQ – Free combo meal with a purchase
- Pearl – Dad’s eat free with additional entree purchase, June 17
- Pilot Flying J is treating dads to a free cup of Pilot Coffee (any size!) for the entire Father’s Day weekend (June 15-17). Find it in the free MyPilot app.
- Pluckers Wing Bar – Free meal for Dad
- Primanti Bros – All fathers get a free classic Primanti Bros. sammich on Father’s Day!
- Ricetta’s Brick Over Ristorante – Dad eats FREE for Father’s Day from Ricetta’s lunch buffet with full paying adult or child
- Rio Sabinas – Dads eat free June 17
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse – All dads dining here will receive a complimentary $25 dining card to use on a future visit. (dining card is valid 6/18/18 – 8/31/18 )
- Shoney’s – Special holiday food bar. You can also enter for a $100 Shoneys gift card.
- Spaghetti Warehouse – Dads Eat FREE on Fathers Day.
- Suzy’s Swirl – Free Swirl for Dad on June 17, 11 am – 7 pm.
- Tap House Grill – Free meal for dad with purchase of adult and kids meal. Check with your local Tap House for participation.
- Tavena Opa – Dad eats free with family-style dinner for four or more, June 17.
- TCBY – A free treat for dad on Fathers Day, June 17
- Texas de Brazil – Dads get a $20 Texas de Brazil certificate that can be used at a later date. June 17.
- Texaz Grill – Dad gets a free serving of strawberry shortcake with a paid meal
- The Melting Pot – Check with your local restaurant for specials for Father’s Day.
- The Pasta House – Free order of Spaghetti with meat sauce and a Free cheesecake cupcake on Father’s Day with a paying adult.
- The Pizza Buffet – Free pizza buffet and a fountain drink for dads on June 17
- Tony Roma’s – Check with your local Tony Romas for details.
- Wahoo’s Tacos – Free entree for Dad (must have child accompany them)
- Wienerschnitzel – All dads will get a free Old-Fashioned Sundae all day on Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Zea Rotisserie & Bar – Dad’s get a free 4-pack of beers with a minimum purchase of two entrees when dining in.
- *Akron Zoo – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Berkeley Springs State Park – Free for the entire family. Annual Father’s Day Car Show at Berkeley Springs State Park.
- *Cameron Park Zoo – Free admission for all fathers and grandfathers accompanied by their children or grandchildren
- *Canobie Lake Park – Free admission and free lunch for dad with a purchase of child’s ticket on June 17
- *Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens – Free Admission for dads on Father’s day
- *Cleveland Metroparks Zoo – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Downeast Scenic Railroad – Dad’s ride FREE when accompanied by paid Child ticket. June 17 10:30 am.
- *Dover Skating Center – Dads skate free June 17 (does not include skate rental)
- *Gadsby Tavern Museum – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Harley-Davidson Museum Milwaukee – Dads and grandfathers by offering free admission on Father’s Day with a paid admission.
- *Harry P. Leu Gardens – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Heritage Museums & Gardens – Free admission for dad, June 17, 10 am – 5 pm.
- *iPlay America – Dad’s ride free all day on Father’s Day. Download the FREE ticket!
- *Kanapaha Botanical Garden – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Lane Motor Museum – Dads get free admission on June 17
- *McKinley Presidential Library – Dads are free on Saturday, the day before Father’s Day.
- *Medieval Times – Free admission for dad with adult ticket purchase. Use code- DAD18
- *Miami Seaquarium – Free admission for dad. Bring a Father’s Day card to our first-time dad, Colossus, who recently fathered two Harbor seal pups and your dad will receive free admission to the park. In addition, up to four accompanying guests will receive 50% off admission.
- *Minnesota Zoo – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Monmouth Park – Free admission for dad on June 17
- *Morey’s Piers – Dads ride and slide for free. June 17
- *Mulberry Lane Farm – Free admission for dad with paid admission on June 17
- *Niabi Zoo – Free admission for dad on June 17
- *Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum – Free admission for dad on June 17
- *Six Flags – Free admission for Dads with season-ticket holders
- *Splash Lagoon – Dads swim free with the purchase of full price admission. June 17
- *Stone Zoo – Free admission for dad on Father’s Day
- *Summit Metro Parks – Free Fathers Day Scavenger Hunt on Father’s Day
- *Sunset Zoo – Fathers visit free with a paid child’s admission
- *The Children’s Museum of La Crosse – Free admission for dads on Father’s Day
- *The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium – All dads and grandpas get in free to the Zoo with paid admission for kids or grandkids.
- *The Greater Cleveland Aquarium – Free admission to fathers on Father’s Day
- *The Museum of Flight – Admission is free to all dads (accompanied by children) on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17.
- *The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium – Free admission to all dads that visit on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17, with the purchase of at least one child’s ticket.
- *The National Museum of Transportation – Free admission for dad on June 17, 9 am – 4 pm.
- *Washington Park Zoo – Free admission for dad or grandfather with the purchase of child’s ticket on June 17.
- *Zoo Atlanta – Free admission for dad on June 17
- Hallmark – Free Just Because greeting card each and every Friday through July 2018
- Father’s Day printable coupon book, good toward quality family time and various kid-completed chores.
- Don’t forget: Check out the Gimmie Weekend Update every week for upcoming free family events.
Last-Minute Shopping Help
Are you clamoring to find a gift? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered (and we won’t judge!) 🙂
- Massage Envy – Purchase $125 in gift cards for Dad & get a voucher for a 30-minute FREE Total Body Stretch session
- Old Navy – Special Sale items for Dad.
- Omaha Steaks – Mail order has Fathers specials with many items at below half price.
Waiting for verification on these offers from 2017.
- American Steakhouse – Free dessert for dad
- Champps Americana – Dad gets a Free Burger with purchase of an entree
- First Watch – Free bag of Royal Cup coffee and $20 bonus bucks when you buy $100 gift card
- Frisch’s Big Boy – Free Father’s Day Breakfast Bar with purchase of breakfast bar, any sandwich or mini meal
- JJ’s Red Hots- Free signature Hot Dog with purchase
- Tijuana Flats – Dads get a Free taco and bee
- Tom & Chee – Free Grilled Cheese Donuts for Dads with regular purchase.
- World of Beer – Free select draught or $5 off for dads on Father’s Day.
- i.d.e.a Museum – Fathers receive free admission on Sunday, June 18
- Imagination Station – Free admission for dad June 18
- Lego Discovery Land – free admission for dad with purchase of a child ticket (AZ)
- Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum – Free Admission for Dads & Grandpas!
- Stepping Stones Museum – One Free Adult Admission for Any Caregiver on June 18th