Oh my! We normally have these in our pantry! Check your pantry! There is a nationwide Recall on Swiss Rolls! Flower Foods is voluntary recalling various brands of Swiss Roll due to the potential presence of salmonella in an ingredient. These products were distributed nationwide.
There is also a recall on Captain John Derst’s Old Fashion Bread that was distributed in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina, due to the potential presence of Salmonella in an ingredient, whey powder.
Salmonella can cause serious or possibly fatal infections in young children, elderly and others with weakened immune systems. There have not been any reports of illness at this time.
The recalled products are:
- Mrs. Freshley’s – 4 ct./7.2 oz.: UPC # 072250011907, Best Buy 10/09/18 through 10/19/18
- Mrs. Freshley’s – 6 ct./12 oz.: UPC # 072250903233, Best Buy 10/14/18
- Food Lion – 6 ct./13 oz.: UPC # 035826092779, Best Buy 10/16/18
- H-E-B – 6 ct./12 oz.: UPC # 041220296583, Best Buy 09/19/18
- Baker’s Treat – 6 ct./13 oz.: UPC # 041498188382, Best Buy 09/21/18 through 09/28/18
- Market Square – 6 ct./12 oz.: UPC # 087381760556, Best Buy 309 8194 B
- Great Value – 6 ct./13 oz: UPC # 078742147550, Best Buy Sep 17, 2018, Through Sep 25, 2018
- Captain John Derst’s Old Fashioned Bread: UPC # 071316001180, Best Buy 07/16/18 through 7/28/18
Consumers should not consume these products.
Affected product should be discarded or may be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call Flowers’ Consumer Relations Center at 1-866-245-8921. The center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern. Consumers also may contact the center via e-mail by visiting www.flowersfoods.com/contact/consumers.
Source: Flowers Foods