Nurses Appreciation Week – Freebies & Deals
Nurses Appreciation Week is May 6-12! National Nurses Week 2018 in the United States will begin on Sunday, May 6 and ends on Saturday, May 12. But we should celebrate the good work nurses do every day!
Because our thanks aren’t limited to Nurse Practitioners, RN or LPN / LVN either, this list includes all nurses including CNA and nursing aids / nursing assistants! My dad and my husband have spent far too much time in the hospital in the last year or so, and I know firsthand how hard nurses work and what life savers they are – literally!
Did you know that The National Nurses Week always begins on May 6 and end on May 12? May 12 is Florence Nightingale’s Birthday!
- President Nixon started National Nurses Week in 1974.
- International Nurses Day is always celebrated on May 12th of every year.
- Businesses, restaurants, and more are celebrating nurses with special offers, freebies, and discounts.
We hope you love this list of freebies & discounts for Nurses for Nurses Appreciation Week!
For that reason, please share with your friends, so they can take advantage of all the perks so deserving of these wonderful gifts and adoration!
All offers are May 6th – May 12th unless otherwise noted.
- Amazon – Free Nursing Books!
- Applebee’s Grill & Bar – Check with your local restaurant for participation
- Buca de Beppo – free meal for nurses with ID, at participating locations
- Chick-fil-A – Check with your local restaurant for participation
- Cinnabon – Participating Cinnabon bakeries will offer nurses a free Cinnabon Classic Roll or MiniBon® roll when they present their healthcare ID badge
- CNA practice test – find it free here!
- Continuing Education Classes for Nurses – free here!
- Dunkin’ Donuts –
- Einstein Bro’s Bagels – Nurses wearing their scrubs or ID badge can go to any participating location and receive an Espresso Buzz Bagel and Shmear on the house, May 11
d.org/nnw – 2018 National Nurses Week Webinar: Emerging Technology and Its Impact on Nursing Practice (Free Webinar)
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – free sweet treat with badge at participating locations
- 1-800-Flowers – Nurses can receive 15 percent off gifts and flowers through the end of June using code: RMNSV15
- Disney World – special discounts for nurses at the Swan and Dolphins resorts. Call 800-227-1500 and mention the code DREAMS. Mention that you are a nurse at the time of booking!
- Fanny May – 15 percent off fine chocolates through July 1 using code: 39984
- Lydia’s Uniforms– Nurses get 20 percent off nurse mates clogs, athletic wear and shoes.
- Nature’s Gift – Nurses receive 10% off purchase price of essential oils and most other products with a current state license. They must have a copy of their license.
- PDQ – Will offer nurses who show their badges 50% off their total check on May 8th.
- Salus Medical Uniforms – Nurses can save 80 percent on nurse jackets, scrubs, uniforms and more.
- Shoe’s.com – $5 reward when you sign up for their reward program
- Sleep Number – Nurses can receive 35% off their purchases with license verification.
- WGU – Western Governors University has scholarships available and no-fee application during nurses week for additional schooling.
Schooling and Textbooks:
- Elsevier – Use coupon code 92635 to take 30 percent off nursing and other medical references and textbooks. Free shipping is included.
- Lippincott Williams – Take 20 percent off plus free shipping on any nursing package or nursing textbook with coupon code WZT51HFD.
- NetCE – All nurses and nurse practitioners can take a 23-credit online geriatrics course for $39 through the end of May.
- Nurse.com – Cardiology nursing courses start at just $10.
- Picmonic.com – Use coupon code BZ3OHCPRPQTHLK216 for 20 percent off your subscription, which can be applied to nursing or medical school through Feb. 9, 2018.
- RN.com – No coupon code needed. Get professional nursing topics starting at just $10.
- Skyscape – Use coupon code YGGU-DRPX-MION for 20 percent off the Daviss Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests through the end of June.
Know of any more? Share it with us in the comments below. 🙂