Income Tax Freebies! Get Free Stuff on Tax Day
The 2019 Tax Filing Deadline to file your income taxes in the US is Monday, April 15, 2019.
Are you done with your taxes?
I always wait. Well, I shouldn’t say I wait, because that’s not entirely true. I get a fairly early start. Some people start the year before because they get nice big returns and want the money for Christmas. I can’t say that I blame them! But, I haven’t gotten a tax return in several years. I always end up owing and have to pay in. Last year I even attempted to send in quarterly payments, and this year they sent me forms requiring that I send in quarterly payments! So much for volunteering. Ha!
I’ve used TurboTax for as long as it’s been a thing. I think I’ve only had my taxes done professionally once, years ago. I couldn’t see paying $40 or more to file an easy form. Back then I did file EZ, but oh how times have changed! Now I have a schedule C for business as well as retirement, investments, rental property. The list goes on and on.
Whether you owe or are getting a big return, you can celebrate with free stuff found in our big list of Free Stuff on Tax Day!
- How long should you keep documents before shredding?
- Get FREE paper shredding with paper shredding Staples coupon and Office Depot coupons (available closer to the tax deadline)
- Get Up to $500 Write-Off for One Bag of Used Clothes!
- Free Tax Preparation, Printing & eFiling with H&R Block, TurboTax, TaxAct! and Credit Karma
The following list is being updated for 2019. Stay tuned!
Big List of Tax Day Freebies & Discounts
- Applebees – $1 margaritas through April 28
- Arby’s – Free Value Curly Fries on Tax Day (printable coupon will be available on 4/17)
- Boston Market – Half chicken meal for $10.40 on 4/17
- Bruegger’s Bagels – 13 bagels, and two tubs of Bruegger’s cream cheese, for just $10.40 on April 17. Coupon required.
- California Tortilla – FREE Chips & Queso, (which is “cheese”) when you say “Chipping In” on Tax Day
- Captain D’s – $10.40 deal meal on April 16 and April 17.
- Chili’s – $5 Cuervo Blue Margarita special for Tax Day Tuesday.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s – Tuesday through Thursday, buy one large cheese pizza, get one large cheese pizza free.
- Cinnabon – 2 free Classic Bites. Check with your local restaurant for participation.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – Coupon for a free egg sandwich with purchase. Valid until May 2
- Firehouse Subs – April 17- April 19. Buy sub, chips, and drink and get one free sub with coupon.
- Godfathers Pizza – large 1-topping pizza and Monkey Bread for just $10.40. Use code: 8011E. April 18 only.
- Great American Cookie – Free Cookie on Tax Day
- Hard Rock Café – sing for your supper – literally! Sing a song and they’ll give you a free burger from 5 – 7 p.m. on April 18. Find Hard Rock Cafe locations
- Hardee’s – Free sausage biscuit from 7-10am
- Hooters – kids 12 and younger get a free kids meal eat with an adult purchase of $10 or more at participating locations until April 17.
- Hot Dog On a Stick – Free original turkey or veggie dog
- Hungry Howie’s: April 15-17 for online carryout orders only, get a one-topping medium pizza for 15 cents with the purchase of a one-topping large pizza at regular menu price. Use code 18TAXDAY.
- Kona Ice – Free Shaved Ice and Hawaiian Leis at Kona Ice on tax day
- McDonalds – select locations will be offering a free small coffee, or a Quarter Pounder for 18 cents when you buy a Quarter Pounder. Call to see what your local McDonalds may be offering this year.
- Noodles & Company – $4 off any online order of $10 or more, starting today. Use the code TAXDAY18 at checkout between now and 4/18/18.
- Office Depot – use the in-store coupon for 5 lbs of free document shredding through April 28
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt – check with your local Orange Leaf for any specials they may have on April 17.
- P.F. Chang’s – Coupon for a free appetizer with purchase just text “CRAVE” to 242647.
- Plant Fitness – 4/17 – 4/21. Free HydroMassage.
- Quizno’s – 10.40 percent deduction off any purchase including catering, on April 17 to Toasty Points loyalty app members.
- Red Lobster – Coupon for $5 off two dinner entrees or $3 off two lunch entrees. Coupon expires April 22.
- Rubio’s Coastal Grill – April 17 Tuesday taco specials are available all day instead of only during select hours.
- Rock Bottom Restaurant – $5 off of any $15 purchase. Good until April 21.
- Schlotsky’s – Tax Day bites, so bite back, with a FREE small The Original sandwich with the purchase of chips and a medium drink.
- Sears – through April 21, get 15% off Kenmore and Kenmore Elite Products
- Sonic – half-price cheeseburgers- check with your local Sonic for offers they will have on Tax Day, April 17.
- Sonny’s BBQ half price Irresistible Ribs Special (IRS) on 4/17
- Staples – free up to 1 lb. of document shredding with coupon
- Tony Roma’s – Through 4/17, dine-in guests will receive a free Kickin’ Shrimp coupon with the purchase of an adult entrée.
- White Castle – Through Tuesday, get 15% off any in-Castle purchase
These places have had offers in the past, but we have not verified them as of yet:
- Chick-fil-A – 3 free minis
- Bravo! Cucina Italiana – No sales tax on April 18. Mention tax-free day to your server. April 18.
- BRIO Tuscan Grille – no sales tax on April 18. Mention tax-free day.
- IHOP – Kids under 12 eat Free for the whole month of April, between 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm. Find your closest IHOP here.
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza – two large pizzas for $10.40 on April 18.
- The Palm – free Prime Bites appetizers with purchase. April 18.