Free Child Safety Kit & Tips from Globe Life
Request your Free Child’s Safety Kit from Globe Life Insurance!! Keep your information up-to-date by reviewing your child’s safety kit twice a year with updated photos and descriptive info. This kit includes fingerprinting and a handy booklet to store all important facts. Plus, check out our Child Safety Tip to help keep your family safe and prepared.
Child Safety Tips:
- Approach the subject of safety in a non-threatening way, so that your child is not fearful of dangerous people or situations, but cautious and aware.
- Open communication is the key. Encourage your child to trust their intuition and to be able to tell you when something is wrong.
- Make sure your child knows his or her full name, address and phone number, and where you work or can be contacted. Teach them how to dial 911, make collect calls and how to use a pay phone operator.
- Inform your child of the rules pertaining to strangers. Let your child know that adults do not ask children for help nor can they threaten them. They should never approach an unknown car or go anywhere with an adult they do not know.
- Never label clothing, backpacks or personal items with your child’s name. A stranger can use this information.
- Put a system in place on what to do if you and your child are separated in a public place.
- Know where your child is at all times and remember to update your child’s records every 6-12 months.