On May 11, 2018, Chili’s learned that some Guests’ payment card information was compromised at certain restaurants as the result of a data incident. Currently, Chili’s believes the data incident was limited to between March – April 2018; however, they continue to assess the scope of the incident [ed note: because it could be more than that]. Chili’s deeply values its relationship with its Guests and sincerely apologizes to those who may have been affected.
Score your completely FREE Credit Score here (click link)
Q: I received an email from Chili’s regarding this incident. Is this legitimate?
A: Chili’s will endeavor to provide notification to potentially affected individuals via email (if Chili’s has a valid email address) as well as responding to emails you may have initiated. However, Chili’s has yet to initiate emails addressed directly to Guests related to this incident and you should be aware of the possibility there may be scam email campaigns related to this incident. These scams, designed to capture personal information (known as “phishing”) are designed to appear as if they are from Chili’s and the emails may include a “click here” link or ask you to “open” an attachment. These emails are NOT from Chili’s.
• DO NOT click on any links in email.
• DO NOT reply to the email or reach out to the senders in any way.
• DO NOT supply any information on the website that may open, if you have clicked on a link in
• DO NOT open any attachments that arrive with email.
Read also: How to Fix Your Credit in 30 Days
Q: I received a call from Chili’s regarding this incident and the caller was asking for my information. Is this legitimate?
A: No. Chili’s is NOT initiating any calls to individuals regarding this incident and are not asking for any of your personal information over the phone.
Get FREE Credit Monitoring from Chilis and ID Experts!
As part of your MyIDCare membership, you will receive the following services:
- 1 year of Credit Monitoring, which will inform you of any changes to your Experian credit report
- Up to $1,000,000 in insurance reimbursements, covering certain expenses that you may incur in responding to an ID theft event
- Access to Fraud Resolution Representatives to resolve any identity theft issues