Daily Deal sites are all the rage these days, and it’s no wonder! You can save up to 90% off on almost anything — from lunch to liposuction (really!) — and everything in between.
Typical daily deal sites are selling vouchers (i.e. gift certificates) to be used upon checkout online or printed and used in store, depending on the deal and the deal site. Some are instantly redeemed upon purchasing the deal. You can also give them as gifts! Generally speaking, the amount you pay does not expire, but the promotional value does have an expiration date. See individual deal for specific details and make sure to take note of things like expiration dates!
We’ve outlined our top three favorite daily deal sites for you, and threw in ten more for good measure. Enjoy!
How it works: Purchase a Groupon (literally a “group coupon” where a group of people buy in order to save). If enough people buy the deal you’ll see “The Deal Is On” and your voucher will be ready in a day or two.
Free Groupon bucks! Right now they have “Clicky the Clickable Value Wheel” that you can spin daily to win Groupon credit (e.g. “Groupon bucks”). And, you can earn $10 in Groupon Bucks by inviting friends when they buy their first Groupon.
Features: Along with local and national daily deals, they have instant Now! Deals, travel Getaways, and products Goods.
Guarantee: Also known as “the Pinky Promise.” If the experience using your Groupon ever lets you down, we’ll make it right or return your purchase. Simple as that.
Sign up with LivingSocial and get access to local and national discounted offers to restaurants, salons, recreation, entertainment, museums, and more — all for 50-90% off! LivingSocial is the #2 deals site (second only to Groupon).
Free Deal Bucks! When a friend uses your link to sign up, they’ll get 5 Deal Bucks to help them buy their first deal. Once they do, you’ll get 5 as well! The link above is my link to invite you, so if you’re ready to get started click it and grab your free $5 credit!
Me+3 = FREE! When you buy a LivingSocial Daily Deal you’re given the option to share the link, and if three friends buy, yours will be free! Note: Instant Deals don’t qualify for the Me+3 offer.
Features: In addition to Daily Deals, LivingSocial also has other types of deals: families, at home, escapes/travel, adventures, instant and gifts — all at the same huge discounts. Think dance classes, martial arts instruction, zoos, day trips, aquariums, art classes, and more. It’s a fun and inexpensive way to enjoy your local area with your family.
Guarantee: We’re not satisfied unless you’re jumping for joy. Call, email, tweet (or, hey, fax) us with any issue and we’ll make it right.
Plum District is another great daily deal site with a more small town feel. It’s run by moms, for moms. They have lots of delectable deals such as the Omaha Steak, Certified Steak and Seafood, Ghiradelli chocolate, and Starbucks coffee offers they had before the holidays, plus hot offers for half price on fashion accessories, clothes for kids and grownups, and toys — always the neatest boutiques and flash sales sites — at huge discounts from 50 – 90% off! And they have local deals, so you choose your “district” and get deals in your area.
Free Plum Dollars! Sign up for Plum District and get $5.00 in FREE Plum Dollars! Invite your besties and when they shop, you’ll get $5.00 more FREE Plum Dollars. There’s nothing quite as fun as shopping with friends.
Features: They have daily “everywhere” deals and some local-only deals. From bath & body, home decor, toys, food, wine and more – and all discounted.
A few more worth mentioning…
- 8moms – Featuring hot deals for kids and moms, including unique finds you’ll If you want the deal, click buy! It’s that easy. If it is a product from a merchant it will be shipped directly to you. If it is a voucher from a merchant you will receive an email with instructions for printing your coupon which can be redeemed from that merchant. Earn $8 credit when you refer friends who shop.
- Crowd Cut MPLS/St. Paul – Crowd Cut negotiates 50-90% discounts with popular businesses. We send the deal in our free daily email to thousands of subscribers, and we send the business a lot of new customers. That’s the power of Crowd Cut. Hmmm… that’s worded EXACTLY like Groupon’s “about us.” You’ll get $5 in credit when you refer someone who buys a deal worth $5 or more.
- Home Run – Featuring: Daily Steal – One amazing thing to do in your city, every single day. City Sampler – Fun stuff you can buy for cheap or send to friends for free. Private Reserve – Unique experiences reserved for our top point-earning members. Hot Minute – Hot up-to-the-minute deals that will sell out if you don’t act fast.
- Deal Pulp – Each day at 8:00am PST, we launch one or two spectacular deals. These deep discounts are available for 72 hours or until they sell out — whichever comes first!– and as always, they are available online and nationwide. Each deal is delivered to you in the form of a unique promo code, which can be applied to a future purchase from a merchant’s webstore in order to receive a discount. Since you can purchase a promo code now and use it later, it’s a great buy for any contemplative or simply patient shopper.
- Dealster – Save big on everything from jewelry to CVS gift cards. Earn badges that convert to cash whenever you make a purchase. Share with friends and earn $5 for each purchase your friends make. Your friends will also earn $5 right after they make their purchase!
- Eversave – Featuring local activities, restaurants, spas and stores, so you can play, eat, relax and shop for less! From spa treatments to cupcakes, ski packages to yoga classes – they find the best deals and deliver them to you – in the form of a Save. Save big on daily deals, travel, and products. Share the Save and earn $10 when friends shop.
- Mamasource by Mamapedia – Select a school to receive 5% of your purchases. The school can use the money any way it wants–for books, field trips, supplies–whatever they need to help students excel. They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. And, you’ll earn $10 for every friend you refer who shops.
- Saveology – Offers daily deals including many merchant gift cards. Their hot offers are often only for new signups. You can earn $10 in Saveology dollars when two friends you referred purchase a deal.
- Score Big – Save 10-60% on Live Event Tickets. Buy tickets with NO fees, Free delivery and it’s 100% Guaranteed. Plus you’ll get $10 free when you sign up, and up to $50 when friends you referred buy.
- TIPPR – Daily Deals, both local and national, in all categories. Get $5 in free credit when you sign up, and invite friends and get $5 in free credit when they shop.