Have you heard of the Olive Oil Settlement?
This olive oil is sold in most major supermarkets as well as stores such as Target and Walmart.
The Class Action alleges that Bertolli Olive Oils in this class action was inappropriately marketed as “Imported from Italy” and/or “Extra Virgin.” The company has claimed no wrongdoing, but has agreed to a settlement.
The olive oils in question are:
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil: May 23, 2010, and April 16, 2018
- Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil: May 23, 2010, and December 31, 2015
- Bertolli Classico Olive Oil: May 23, 2010, and December 31, 2015
The potential award for the Bertolli Oil Olive are as follows:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- For purchases made between May 23, 2010, and Dec. 31, 2015, Class Members may claim a minimum payment of $1.75 per product purchased up to a maximum of $8.75 per product.
- For purchases made between Jan. 1, 2016 through April 16, 2018, Class Members may claim a minimum payment of 75 cents per product up to a maximum payment of $3.75 per product.
Classico or Extra Light Olive Oil (purchased between May 23, 2010, and Dec. 31, 2015): Class Members may claim a minimum of $1.50 per product purchased up to a maximum of $7.50 per product purchased.
If you do not have proof of purchase, you can claim up to $25 per household.
If you have proof of purchase, there is no limit on the total recovery for items.
You must file a claim no later than 9/28/18 (estimated date at this time)
To file a claim online-Bertolli Olive Oil Settlement Online Claim Form
To download and print the claim form-Bertolli Olive Oil Download Claim Form
NOTE: If you do not qualify for this settlement do NOT file a claim.
Remember: you are submitting your claim under penalty of perjury. You are also harming other eligible Class Members by submitting a fraudulent claim.