Frito-Lay is voluntarily recalling select Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips due to the potential presence of Salmonella in the seasoning.
This recall is the direct result of a supplier’s recent recall of a seasoning blend which includes jalapeño powder that could contain Salmonella. Although no Salmonella was found in the seasoning supplied to Frito-Lay, the company has decided to recall these products out of an abundance of caution.
The products covered by this recall were distributed in retail stores and via foodservice, vending and other channels throughout the U.S.
The products that are on this recall are:
- All sizes of the following two products that have a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior printed on the front upper panel of the package:
- Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- All of the following multipack offerings that have a “use by” date of JUN 20 or prior printed on the multipack package. In addition, a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior is printed on the front upper panel of the individual recalled product packages inside each multipack offering. Any other products or flavors contained in these multipacks are not being recalled.
- 12 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
- 20 count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
- 30 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Tray
- 30 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
- 32 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Box
No other Lays Kettle Cooked Chips or Miss Vickies Chips are on this recall. Jalapeño Cheddar Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked 40% Less Fat potato chips are not included in this recall.
If you have purchased any of these items on this recall, do not consume.
Consumers with questions or concerns can contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations at 866-272-9393 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. For product reimbursement, consumers can visit www.jalapenochiprecall.com.
Source: US Food and Drug